Popular Posts

Tuesday, 28 July 2015

THE IMPORTANCE OF BAPTISM


"HE WHO BELIEVES & IS BAPTISED SHALL BE SAVED" MK 16:16
Those words above were spoken by Jesus to His Apostles commissioning them to preach the Gospel.. It is only those who believe that are to be baptised and thus only they will be saved.
Apostle Peter said in his first salvation sermon; "Repent and let each be baptised in the name of Jesus for the 'remission of sins' and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" ACTS 2:38 Apostle Peter followed the instructions of Jesus and many were baptised that day.. 
Faith is personal and as such baptism is also personal and effective by faith alone. 
'There is no ritual of baptism but only spiritual reality' It is not water that washes away sins, it is God that does it applying The Blood of Christ to the one who "believes and is baptised"
Faith recognises the personal need for salvation and baptism realises that salvation..'It make it real for the believer' That which God freely offers by Grace (salvation) becomes mine when I Believe, Repent and Baptised. These are the three steps of entrance into the New Covenant.. 
That which Jesus did at Calvary (Died for the remission of my sins) becomes real for me at my baptism because of my Faith in the saviour. That which I believe (the remission of my sins) is made real for me at my Baptism...

Apostle Paul said; "Having been buried with Him (Jesus) in Baptism in which you were also raised up with Him through Faith in the working of God who raised Him from the dead" Col 2:12
In the words of the Apostle, again we see the ties of personal Faith and Baptism to be the working of God. (Faith transcends Time by the agency of baptism) It is God at work just as Apostle says.
So; The words of Jesus above are real and true to the saving of my soul.. Anything else is condemnation For the second half of Jesus words say; "HE WHO HAS DISBELIEVED SHALL BE CONDEMNED" MK 16:16

john B

No comments:

Post a Comment